Episcopal offers a wide range of athletic programs for our students, fielding more than 60 teams in 18 sports for sixth through twelfth grades. Through dedication and teamwork, Episcopal programs annually compete for district, regional, and state championships. Episcopal boasts some of the best athletic facilities in the state which are a key component in preparing our student-athletes to compete at the highest level. The principles and lessons learned through team sports are invaluable, preparing our students for success in college and life beyond Episcopal.
- Lower School Competitive Athletics: offered on the Beaches and St. Mark's Campus starting in third grade. Learn more.
- Lower and Middle School No-Cut Policy: Allows every Episcopal student the experience of competing on our teams.
- Multi-sport Athletes: 80% of our student body participates in athletics at Episcopal, with 51% of those athletes playing multiple sports. We believe in multiple athletic opportunities to gain varied experience, prevent overuse injuries, and avoid burnout.
- Collegiate Athletes: ESJ’s Athletics and College Counseling departments work together to help student athletes who wish to participate at the next level succeed. On average, 20% of senior athletes, three times the national average, go on to participate in collegiate athletics annually, from Division I to Division III schools.
- Quality Coaches: The majority of our coaches are athletes themselves who participated in the sports they coach at the collegiate and/or professional level, as well as in the Olympics. Their experience and qualifications are invaluable for Episcopal’s student athletes.
- Strength and Conditioning Coach: Having a full-time strength and conditioning coach on campus to support our athletic teams allows coaches to focus on strategy and students to gain strength training on campus without having to seek outside training programs.