The school’s certified Pre-K teachers and qualified assistants allow children to explore and interact while actively learning in a developmentally appropriate environment. Lessons are planned to meet all students’ interests, needs, and strengths. Children are guided to develop intellectually, socially, physically, spiritually, and emotionally. Literacy and communication skills are taught through pre-reading, pre-writing, listening, and speaking activities. Hands-on experiences in math, science and social studies stimulate Pre-K children’s natural curiosity and inspire them to connect with the world around them. Children move to the next grade level with a sense of confidence and independence.
Highlights of Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4:
- Classroom environments are child-centered, safe, and inviting.
- Chapel services foster a spiritual connection with God as well as the school community.
- Social-emotional learning is incorporated throughout the day.
- Students attend art, library, media, music, and Spanish classes which enrich the learning experience.
- Movement is of utmost importance and includes physical education and dance.
- Children spend time daily in outdoor spaces designed to encourage exploration and develop motor skills.
Admission decisions are made by Episcopal’s Admission Committee based on the following criteria:
- Pre-K 3 must be three years old before September 1
- Pre-K 4 must be four years old before September 1
- Developmental assessment/Class visit
- Candidates that apply before the first round deadline of January 26 will attend a Saturday assessment day in February in lieu of a class visit.
- Teacher observation (if applicable)
- Transcript from current school (if applicable)
Students entering our Pre-Kindergarten program must be completely potty trained by the start of school.
- Early Morning: 7:15 - 7:50 a.m.
- Afternoon Options:
- 12:00 - 3:10 p.m.
- 12:00 - 6:00 p.m. (students can be picked up any time between 3:10 - 6:00 p.m.)
- Students staying past 12:00 p.m. will eat lunch and have rest time
- Those who stay beyond 3:10 p.m. will experience additional projects, play, and an afternoon snack.