Parent-Teacher Conferences – October 26
On Thursday, October 26, we will offer an opportunity for Parent-Teacher Conferences for grades 7-12. These individual ten-minute conferences with each of your child’s teachers are designed to discuss student progress and learning and are for parents only. We do not offer supervision for students/children during the conferences and request that you make other arrangements.
Conferences for grade 6 will also be held on Thursday, October 26. Sixth grade parents will receive an email from their child’s teachers regarding the conference process.
Faculty members will be available on October 26 for the following sessions:
- Session 1 — 8:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- Session 2 — 12:30 – 3:00 p.m.
- Session 3 — 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Registration for conferences is not required. Parents choose which session(s) to participate in and follow the procedure below.
On conference day,
- Proceed to one of the reception tables located in the lobby of the Buck Student Center or the Semmes Gym. Check-in and receive a copy of your child’s schedule and information on teacher locations. Please wear your ESJ parent name tag.
- Faculty will be organized by department in the Buck Student Center, Semmes Gym and Alumni Gym. Each teacher will have a table and a designated waiting area.
- It is at your discretion as to which teachers you see and the sequence of those conferences.
- To meet with all of your child’s teachers, arriving at least 90 minutes prior to the end of the session is recommended.
Given that the entire day has been set aside to provide conference opportunities, teachers will be unable to offer alternative make-up dates or appointments to individuals who miss this date.
Classes for all students will reconvene at 9:10 a.m. on Friday, October 27.