Attention 9th Graders: Youth Leadership Jacksonville
Every year ESJ sends students to represent our community for Youth Leadership Jacksonville.
Created in 1989, this year-long program brings together a select and diverse cross section of Northeast Florida high school students with demonstrated leadership ability and prepares them to become ethical leaders committed to active community involvement. Youth Leadership Jacksonville draws together approximately fifty-four students each year.
During this exciting program, students attend an Opening Retreat, six Program Days (one per month) and a Closing Retreat. Programs are practical in nature with hands-on activities. Program Days deal with specific facets of the community such as government, criminal justice, human services, diversity and business. Each day combines a behind-the-scenes experience with a great deal of interaction with the appropriate community leaders.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Has your child demonstrated proven leadership ability in school or community activities?
- Do they have an interest in addressing the issues confronting the First Coast?
- Do you think they would like to participate in a prestigious program with other area students that takes you behind the scenes to learn about our community?
- Are they interested in participating in a once in a lifetime opportunity?
- Does your child have a “B” or better average?
If so, please have your child fill out the application in the link below and turn it in to Ms. Frost or Dean Hodges in the Welcome Center, no later than 3:30 pm on Tuesday, December 1, 2020.
This truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity!